Open Until Filled
Talmud Torah of Minneapolis, a community, Conservative supplemental school, is seeking creative and enthusiastic substitute and year-round teachers for grades 2-8 for the current 2019 school year and beyond. Classes meet in two-day sessions across Monday – Thursday afternoons/evenings and Sunday mornings.
Serving as the primary religious school of two Conservative congregations, Adath Jeshurun and Beth El, Talmud Torah engages students of all backgrounds in educational experiences that provide foundational tools to live intentionally Jewish lives. We offer a rigorous education that builds knowledge of Judaism and its traditional practices based upon the teachings and egalitarian, pluralistic principles of the Conservative Movement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and motivating students
- Engaging classroom instruction (2-3 hours per session)
- Organized and frequent communication with students and parents
- Willingness and ability to serve as an exemplar for Jewish living
- Appropriate preparation and/or execution of lesson plans
- Thoughtful evaluation of student success
- Willingness to fulfill the mission and vision of the school
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Formal and/or informal teaching experience required
- Be engaging and passionate about Jewish education
- Be a team player and open to collaboration
- Open to teaching models
- Interested in learning and growing as a Jewish educator
- Have an understanding of Jewish rituals, holidays and values and the ability to read Hebrew
- Comfortable with technology
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with experiential education a plus.
- College students, as well as more experienced candidates, are encouraged to apply.
Competitive salary based on education and experience
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Hazzan Jeremy Lipton, Head of School, [email protected]