Talmud Torah of Minneapolis
Part-Time, ~30 hours/week. School is in session M-Th afternoons and evenings, Sunday mornings.
Open Until Filled
Talmud Torah of Minneapolis is a community Jewish supplementary school in the Sabes Jewish Community Center campus that meets on Monday through Thursday afternoons/evenings and on Sunday mornings. Students range from second to eighth grade. The Office Administrator is responsible for professional interaction with our school community and has a significant impact on the operations and public perception of the school. The ideal candidate for this position will have these skills:
- Ability to collaborate and work cooperatively with others.
- Detail-oriented, with demonstrated ability to perform accurate work.
- Excellent people skills.
- Efficient, organized and resourceful.
- A self-starting personality who can work well with limited direction.
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects.
- Excellent proofreader.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Drive applications, and the capability to learn new databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a positive ‘first impression’ of the school. Greet students, parents, and community members, and answer and direct incoming phone calls and emails in a timely and polite manner.
- Perform daily office opening/closing procedures.
- Proof correspondence, meeting agendas, and minutes.
- Handle daily incoming/outgoing mail and email.
- Collect and process incoming checks and other basic financial duties in coordination with our Finance Director and Bookkeeper.
- Operate and update information for school databases (FACTS/RenWeb and Donor Connect).
- Partner with our Marketing and Communications professional.
- Organize and maintain the school’s resource and workspaces.
- Provide administrative support for our Head of School, lay leadership, faculty and staff, as well as support for ongoing programming, school events, and fundraising.
Experience and Qualifications
EDUCATION: College degree required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years related experience required. Preferred experience includes:
- Knowledge about non-profit organizations.
- Work in a small school/company or education setting.
- Work with databases.
- Knowledge about the Jewish community and Jewish culture.
- Administrative support for Executive Director-level position.
Talmud Torah of Minneapolis has a small, dedicated, caring staff who work in a professional yet friendly and casual environment. This position allows for interactions with other school staff, campus partners, community partners, families, and students. The hours are Sunday from 8:00 AM-12:30 PM, Monday 2:00-8:30 PM, Tuesday from 2:00-7:00 PM, Wednesday from 2:00-9:30 PM, and Thursday from 2:00-7:00 PM. Possibility of flexible hours when school is not in session. Hourly wage based upon experience.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Hazzan Jeremy Lipton, Head of School, [email protected].