Early Childhood Float Teacher
Temple Israel Early Childhood Center
Part-time, 8 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Open until filled
Temple Israel Early Childhood Center is accepting resumes for a part-time float teacher position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Temple Israel’s ECC is a NAEYC accredited, Reggio-inspired, diverse Jewish preschool where children and families build Jewish identity, culture, and values.
- We work together as a team, creating a positive work environment.
- We are attentive and responsive to our learners, creating a warm and nurturing community where each child feels included and accepted.
- We interact with the children to support learning through exploration and play.
- We facilitate children’s social competence and ability to learn through interacting with others.
- We build rapport with parents through effective communication.
- We design classroom schedules that are consistent and predictable, with transitions that are handled calmly and with planning and communicated using a picture schedule.
- We use visuals to decrease anxiety and increase confidence and self-regulation.
- We are inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia, focusing on making the experiences, ideas and learning of the children visible, launching studies responsive to the children’s interests, devoting time to observing children, documenting observations and reflecting together as teaching teams.
- We build Jewish identity, culture and values. We facilitate key Jewish experiences for children such as Havdalah, Shabbat, visiting a Sukkah and shaking a Lulav, a Tu B’Shvat Seder, a Purim costume parade and more. Ritual objects become familiar to the children as do Hebrew words and songs and Jewish stories.
- We value anti-bias education, supporting our learners as they celebrate their own identity as well as learn about the identities of others, building on that knowledge and experience to stand up for themselves and others in the face of unfairness or prejudice. To that end we incorporate equity and anti-bias work into our explorations with our learners, discussing topics such as race and gender, fairness and unfairness.
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants must meet DHS head teacher qualifications. Knowledge of Judaism, Anti-Bias Education, Reggio Emilia, Teaching Strategies Gold and/or NAEYC accreditation standards are a plus.
The Temple Israel Early Childhood center offers a fun, supportive working environment and provides yearly professional development opportunities.
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Sharon Rosenberg-Scholl, ECC Director, at: [email protected].