Jewish Family Service of St. Paul
April 19, 2021
The Counseling Program at the Jewish Family Service of St. Paul is seeking a part-time psychotherapist to join our thriving, congenial, and well-respected practice. The successful candidate must be eligible immediately for credentialing with Medicare and be able to function at a high level both independently and as part of a team of clinicians engaged in a diverse array of psychotherapeutic endeavors. Possessing the ability to work with children, adolescents, couples, families, as well as adults and seniors would be a real bonus. JFS can provide assistance in the credentialing process and we strongly encourage and support individuals to pursue and develop their clinical passions in order to better serve the needs of the broad community, as many of our most popular and successful programs have sprung from specific staff interests and concepts.
For more than a century, Jewish Family Service of St. Paul has supported the community with spiritual comfort, an array of human services to help people age in place, support for caregivers, address mental health issues, avert crisis and steady their lives. Based on Jewish values; serving all people.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical psychotherapeutic treatment of clients.
- Screen intake calls.
- Complete a diagnostic assessment for each client, which includes an examination of symptoms and problems warranting treatment.
- Secure routine contractual arrangements including fee setting, informing clients of their rights, data privacy policies, treatment alternatives, release of information, etc.
- Maintain professional case records and adhere to agency standards of promptness and efficiency.
- Establish mutually agreed-upon treatment objectives with each client.
- Sustain a treatment plan with appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Refer to and collaborate with outside professionals or community resources as indicated.
- Conduct periodic review of client symptoms and treatment goals.
- Close cases in a timely fashion and complete a summary of treatment upon termination.
- Participate in departmental case review and supervision processes.
- Represent the agency in community collaboratives, as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
Must be able to become credentialed for Medicare reimbursement.
JFS provides a flexible working environment and competitive benefits.
How To Apply:
Please send a letter of interest and resume, or questions, to Mitchell Wittenberg, Ph.D., LP, Counseling Director ([email protected]).