Based on experience
June 30, 2018
Join the staff of an amazing, innovative program for teens. Yachad’s Program Director will maintain a supportive and empowering Jewish educational program for all teens.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with Yachad staff, the Program Director’s responsibilities fall under the following categories:
Programming – Work to plan, develop, and implement innovative educational experiences for teens. The Program Director’s responsibilities include:
- Program Hours: Serve at the direct program contact for Yachad. Manage overall quality of the educational experience for teens and faculty.
- Faculty Management: Hire and supervise Yachad faculty, create faculty contracts, send faculty newsletter, assist with professional development on an individual and group basis, oversee grading and progress reports.
- Curriculum: Assist and oversee faculty curriculum development, mapping and follow up – following the Understanding by Design model
- Financial Management: Manage program-specific budgets.
- Partnerships & Collaborations: Serve as a contact for both educational and experiential partnerships, including maintaining positive relationships, creating collaborative agreements, assisting with course development, and evaluating the partnerships and courses.
- Special Programs & Experiences: Plan and coordinate special programs, including recruitment events, weekly dinners, current events and the Jewish lifecycle.
- Media & Marketing: Social media & email marketing, website updates, communication with partner organizations.
Teens – The Director of Programming and Development will:
- Serve as the director of teen life managing teens’ needs ensuring high quality of quality of satisfaction for teens at Yachad.
- Actively recruit teens through both out-reach and in-reach.
- Oversee teen Inclusion making sure that all teens receive a quality Jewish education.
- Develop and create relationships with local youth groups, advisors and teens.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Three to five years of professional experience in the field of Jewish education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills paying close attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a collaborative work environment. Desire to be part of a dynamic team and a willingness to be a team player.
- Professional and empathetic in interpersonal relationships.
- Commitment to support and honor a diverse range of religious backgrounds.
- Technologically literate.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively.
- Has and appreciates a sense of humor.
- Inclusion experience is a plus.
- Hebrew proficiency is a plus.
- This is an organization with room to grow and develop.
How To Apply: