Youth Group Adviser
Mount Zion Temple
Part-time; 12-16 hours per month
Open until filled
Mount Zion is looking for an outstanding, mature, fun, and reliable advisor for our 7-8th grade (JYG) and 9-12th grade (SPORTY) youth groups and will actively build relationships with teens. This position will work with the Congregational Engagement Director, Shai Avny, on all publicity, building use, and financial arrangements for events. The Advisor will seek supervision from Shai Avny on an ongoing basis regarding youth programming.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a role model for Mount Zion Youth
- Promote Jewish values
- Lead an event once a month for 7th & 8th Graders
- Encourage teen attendance at Youth Group events as well as regional and local Shabbatonim
- Participate at offsite Shabbatonim (approximately 5-6 times a year)
- Establish a rapport with the teens and parents
- Publicize and market all events
- Be a presence on Sundays and Wednesdays when Religious School is in session
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of teaching experience or in youth work
- Strong background in Judaism
- Good Communication Skills
- Self-directed and detail-oriented
Mount Zion is a Reform Jewish congregation devoted to life-long learning, worship, and acts of loving kindness. In our holy community, we celebrate, comfort, and create meaning in our lives while we seek justice in our world.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume to [email protected].