Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School
Consistent with experience
Open until filled
The Amos and Celia Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School (Heilicher) seeks a dynamic self-starter
to help manage our development efforts with particular focus on annual giving. This position is an excellent opportunity to be involved in various aspects of development within a successful independent school environment. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing the distribution of all annual giving mailings.
- Tracking individual giving levels, expenses, and response rates of appeals.
- Drafting thank you letters and managing other correspondence with individuals associated with these appeals.
- Pulling lists and preparing donor reports from database for mailings and analysis.
- Creating and managing all e-appeals, including social media messaging focused on development.
- Taking lead responsibility for a defined donor portfolio, with particular focus on gifts of up to $500.
- Staffing the Parent and Grandparent Annual Fund Campaigns.
- Managing follow-up from the semi-annual Yom Dor L’Dor (grandparent) events to cultivate grandparent philanthropy.
- Organizing and staffing Annual Fund phone-a-thons. (1-2x annually).
- Assisting with the stewardship plan to ensure appropriate recognition of donors at all giving levels.
- Participating, together with the full Institutional Advancement team, in select fundraising activities associated with the Annual Benefit each spring.
- Taking on other projects as assigned by the Director of Institutional Advancement.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Completed a college degree in a related field (for example, public affairs, nonprofit management, or business).
- At least three years of professional experience in development, preferably within the nonprofit sector.
- Must be computer literate; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge fundraising database is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and be willing to solicit donors for contributions to Heilicher.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
How To Apply:
Please a send cover letter and resume to: Rebecca Skelton, Institutional Advancement Director, Heilicher, [email protected].