This is a guest post by Noah Marell, U of M senior and student president of Hillel at the University of Minnesota.
I am a lifelong resident of the Twin Cities and an active member of our Jewish community. This year I am also proud to be the Student President of Hillel at the U of M.
1. I grew up in an exceptional Jewish community and not everyone gets that opportunity.
2. Hillel provides a strong and thriving Jewish community to the students at the U of M. Through programming and the niche it fills in the community as a place for Jewish college students to gather, Hillel is a place to meet other Jews, strengthen our Jewish identities, and spend time with friends.
3. Without meaningful programs we begin to lose our Jewish identity. Help us secure our future by supporting these and other incredible opportunities:
- Shabbat services and Passover Seders (all led by students)
- Jingle (Jewish and single speed dating)
- On-going social action initiatives throughout our community leading up to an Alternative Spring Break trip, which sends students to another city for a week of community service each spring
Hillel is the seed that grows into the vibrant Jewish communities of tomorrow. Making Jewish life meaningful and accessible to students while we’re in school lays a groundwork for continued participation in Jewish life long after we’ve left college. Over 60% of UMN Hillel alumni stay in the Twin Cities after graduation and many of today’s students will become active members in the Twin Cities Jewish community “tomorrow.” Supporting Hillel is an investment in that tomorrow.
Please join me and become one of 1,000 people to Give LIFE (through GiveMN) to Hillel by August 15th. The time is short, but your gift will go a long way in strengthening the Jewish identity of today’s Jewish students who will be become the Jewish leaders of tomorrow. Simply click on the link below and follow the instructions. Your $18.00 (or larger) contribution will make a huge difference for the Jewish future. Give online now!
Expand your support by helping us spread the word. Tell your family and friends or like us on Facebook. Thank you for your contribution, and I look forward to sharing with you all the exciting ways that you are helping to impact the Jewish future. I would love to hear from you, so please email me at [email protected].
(Photo courtesy of Hillel at the University of Minnesota)