Development Associate-NextGen Coordinator
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis
$42,000-$45,000 per year
In a lead role with the NextGen Program (an engagement program for ages 21-36), this position focuses primarily on creating and expanding engagement among young adults as part of JFCS’ long-term development plan through the planning and implementation of events, projects, one-on-one relationship building, hands-on volunteer opportunities and volunteer/board management and leadership. Ability to create and execute programming that leads to donor engagement is a large component of this position. Understanding and communicating JFCS programs, services and strategic plan is essential in addition to working cross-departmentally to engage NextGen participants in volunteer opportunities.
Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary Range: $42,000 – $45,000
- Competitive benefits package including medical insurance, 401(k) with match, life and long-term disability insurance, and access to other benefits including vision and dental
- Work-life balance including 37.5 hour work week, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, holidays, flexible schedule, and telecommuting when appropriate
- JFCS is a place where you can put your values to work every day. You will be able to:
- Make a positive difference in the lives of others
- Feel energized to give your best effort and enjoy a healthy work/life balance
- Learn, grow and accomplish new things
JFCS serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions and highly values inclusion and diversity. Employment opportunities are available to all without regard for race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability. AA/EEO
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteering, Networking, Engagement (Approximately 50% of position):
- Cultivate and engage young adults for volunteering, leadership and philanthropy through one-on-one meetings and strong communication via social networking such as Facebook, Instagram, Email and the latest apps.
- Plan and execute social programs, professional development, volunteer opportunities and networking events.
- Work with the JFCS Development Team to establish goals and strategies for giving through NextGen including generating ways to give, avenues to give and giving appeals.
NextGen Board (Approximately 30% of position)
- Staff the NextGen Board including planning meetings, overseeing the role of the Board President, assigning committee roles and providing support for committee work.
- Create materials for all NextGen Board meetings and lead NextGen Board correspondence via email and other communication avenues.
- Meet regularly with the NextGen President and Board members as well as cultivate new Board members.
Other (Approximately 20% of position):
- Provide backup support for data and gift entry and be the primary person responsible for Benefit ticket sales/seating.
- Provide input and leadership for NextGen-specific Benefit initiatives including the NextGen Cocktail Party, NextGen ticket sales and general young adult outreach for the event.
- Assist with other projects or administrative support functions as assigned by the Development Director.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience, such as customer service, development, marketing, and/or administrative support. Experience working with and/or leading volunteers a plus.
- Familiarity of work in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent writing ability, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills for building rapport, cultivating and maintaining relationships.
- Computer proficiency, including word processing, email, and database programs required.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities Jewish community a plus.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Diana MacLennan, Human Resources Manager. E-mail [email protected] or apply directly at https://www.jfcsmpls.org/about-us/jobs-at-jfcs/. For more information on Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis, see www.jfcsmpls.org.