The Receptionist-Administrative Assistant is responsible for the professional greeting of visitors by telephone and in person and has a significant impact on the public perception of the agency. Responsible for monitoring visitor access, maintaining security awareness, and reporting any suspicious activity; provides general administrative support to agency staff and programs, including the preparation of correspondence, database operation and maintenance, mail distribution, and basic financial duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the positive ‘first impression’ into the agency. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate staff. Answer and direct incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner.
- Perform daily opening/closing procedures of office suite. Oversee daily incoming/outgoing mail procedures.
- Responsible for collecting/processing client fees and daily charge card reconciliation.
- Monitor staff and visitor movements in and out of organization and maintain security awareness at all times. Report suspicious activity to appropriate JFCS staff. Act as JFCS’ “Location Coordinator” during safety drills and actual events.
- Operate and update information for agency databases (Welligent, Raiser’s Edge, Photo Release, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide general administrative support to program areas. Monitor office supply inventory.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION: A minimum of two years college. An AA degree in business or related area preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four years related office experience required.
SKILLS: Demonstrated ability in dealing diplomatically and a desire to help people of diverse backgrounds; must be personable while maintaining confidentiality and boundaries; ability to positively represent the first impression of JFCS; proficiency in oral and written communication, Microsoft Office applications, database entry and updates, multi-line telephone system and other office equipment; requires excellent organizational skills and an ability to work both as a team and independently.
This position works Monday through Friday and requires an evening shift on Wednesday until 7pm.
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume Diana MacLennan, Human Resources Manager. E-mail [email protected] or fax to 952.417.2160. Please specify the position you are applying for. For more information on this position, see www.jfcsmpls.org. AA/EEO