In these uncertain times due to COVID-19, Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis remains committed to our mission and is providing support to all who turn to us, especially now.
We have suspended our regular business hours at our Golden Valley and Minneapolis offices until further notice. Most staff are working from home and providing services remotely. Other staff and volunteers are using social distancing while providing critical services such as driving seniors to medical appointments, delivering Kosher meals on wheels, and providing grocery shopping for people in need of support. These efforts are consistent with community and global efforts to curb the transmission of the novel coronavirus and support social distancing.
We remain deeply committed to the health and well-being of our clients and our community. We will continue to provide critical services remotely, including by phone:
- If you are a current client, volunteer or program participant and are in need of support, please contact your JFCS provider directly, or call 952-546-0616
- If you are not a current client but are in need of support, please call us at
952-546-0616, or visit our website at www.jfcsmpls.org and JFCS staff will be available to help you
- During this time when many feel overwhelmed, we will continue to provide counseling assistance to help cope with this emergency. Please call 952-546-0616, or visit our website as www.jfcsmpls.org
- Counseling services are provided remotely, including via teletherapy
- Our Family Life Education Manager Leah Persky is able to provide many resources and offer personal assistance on issues for parents and families, including: Time management for working parents, how to set yourself up for success to work or do school work at home, strategies to start or keep wellness practices going while at home, and managing challenging behavior with positive parenting solutions.
The Minneapolis Jewish Federation is providing emergency funds to assist Jewish individuals and families to pay for basic needs (food, shelter, transportation, medication) that arise due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis will administer this fund. Resources are limited. Please call JFCS at 952-546-0616 for more information.
Updated information will be provided as this situation continues to evolve.
We are proud to say that for more than a century, JFCS has provided programs, services, and support for thousands in the Jewish and broader communities. We provide senior services, career services, children and family services, community engagement, and counseling and mental health support.