Life Enrichment Specialist (Counselor)
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is seeking a counselor (Life Enrichment Specialist; LES) to deliver the face-to-face intervention component of our Life Enrichment Action Program for 55+ (LEAP). The LES will work with older, depressed adults in their homes and engage them in meaningful behavioral changes that evidence shows improves mood and decreases symptoms of depression. The LES will also be involved in training and supervising Life Enrichment Volunteers as treatment extenders, who will become involved in the delivery of the intervention and work with assigned clients.
The role of the LES is enhanced through bi-weekly case reviews with an LICSW and an Advanced Practice Nurse (Doctor of Nursing), both having extensive backgrounds in geriatrics.
This hourly position will be full-time at 37.5 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Deliver face-to-face, in-home depression intervention to clients aged 55+.
2. Maintain client records in agency database.
3. Maintain periodic written contact with a client’s other care providers as appropriate.
4. Attend bi-weekly LEAP team meetings, bi-weekly case review meetings, monthly Senior Services Department meeting, monthly agency all-staff meetings and regular supervision with supervisor.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
– BSW or MSW, or a graduate degree in another counseling-related discipline;
– Experience working with older adults is necessary and a background in mental health is preferred;
– Licensure is not required;
– Excellent communication, written skills and attention to detail are required.
JFS provides excellent benefits in a flexible work environment with a commitment to professional growth. We are an EOE and an equal opportunity service provider.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Steve Greenberg, LEAP Coordinator, at [email protected]. No calls, please.