Open until filled
To raise funds for the Jewish Community by developing donors’ personal relationship with the Minneapolis Jewish Federation and its mission as a community builder. To create a sustainable pipeline of future support and connection with the Federation thereby ensuring the strength and growth of the Jewish community in Minneapolis. Connect donors’ philanthropic goals with Federation programs, services and work supporting community agencies. This work includes securing gifts from individual donors, identifying and qualifying prospective donors, cultivating and stewarding current donors, as well as engaging volunteer leaders and campaign workers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, qualifying and building philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making major gifts at the $10,000+ levels
- Partner with the Chief Development Officer and the Prospect Development team to identify, contact, and qualify individuals.
- Conduct calls to qualify and assess new and lapsed donors with the financial capacity to make gifts of $10,000 or more, and to secure personal visits and substantive contacts with these donors.
- Develop and cultivate approximately 100 actively managed donors and 50 prospects for qualification.
- Develop and implement strategies for each prospect, including ways to increase the involvement of donors and prospects in the activities of the Federation and the Jewish Community.
- Create and implement cultivation structures to develop a mutually beneficial philanthropic relationship with donors.
- Meet defined visit and solicitation goals.
- Work closely with lay leaders, volunteers, and other stakeholders to achieve the overall Federation development goal.
- Complete and file timely contact reports. Maintain accurate and relevant records within the Federation donor management system.
- Attend Minneapolis Jewish Federation events and missions to create, cultivate, and maintain relationships with donors.
Solicit Gifts and Ensure Donor Stewardship
- Execute moves/actions steps on behalf of and in collaboration with the development team.
- Develop and coordinate proposals for major gifts within the portfolio and in collaboration on shared prospects with the Foundation.
- Solicit major and planned gifts when appropriate.
- Ensure the appropriate stewardship process is in place and executed for all donors within the assigned portfolio and, in collaboration, with the development team, implement a strategy for engagement.
- Assume other responsibilities on the Development team as needed
Uphold and exemplify the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s mission and vision
Uphold and exemplify the leadership and behavioral competencies of the organization
Execute professional, high-level customer service, both internally and externally
Attend Federation events as position requires
Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
Carry out all other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organizational and team-specific goals
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree; graduate degree in business, marketing, Jewish Communal studies or related field desirable
EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years’ experience in fundraising and volunteer management or related professional experience, knowledge of Jewish community preferred
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able-bodied – not easily fatigued – and well-groomed, well-spoken, and well-mannered
How To Apply:
If interested please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com