Youth Engagement Director
Open Until Filled
Come join our dynamic congregation and help it grow into the future! Mount Zion Temple is a welcoming and vibrant Jewish spiritual home for over 650 households in the Twin Cities metro area. We are a progressive Reform congregation committed to building an inclusive community, acting for social justice, and fostering meaningful human and spiritual connections for all.
We are seeking a full-time Youth Engagement Director to continue our focus on developing relationships with our youth, primarily our teens. You will be walking into a strong, successful program nationally recognized for innovative and popular teen education and programming.
The right candidate is an outgoing leader who brings energy, creativity, warmth, and a collaborative team spirit to the position. We are seeking a person with proven abilities and experience in youth engagement and who is ready to step into an educational leadership position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds personal relationships with the children and teens in our building, including being available via social media to teens
- Serves as a positive advocate in students’ lives, acting as a role model, teacher, cheerleader, and spiritual guide to enhance students’ experience within the congregation and their Judaism
- Plan and implement multiple on-and off-site teen shabbatonim
- Design and implement holiday and special programming
- Oversee Mount Zion’s high school youth group
- Supervise the Advisor to the 7th and 8th grade Junior Youth Group
Formal and Informal Jewish Education
- Coordinate the 7thGrade Program including supervising the 7th grade education team and 11th/12th grade mentors
- Lead Sacred Choices retreat, a comprehensive sexuality program grounded in Jewish values
- Promote and partner with regional youth groups and community summer camp
- Support Senior Rabbi with annual 11th grade New York trip
- Keep youth and families apprised of Mount Zion activities and offerings through various venues including the bulletin, social media, etc.
- Coordinate programs with Religious School Director, clergy, staff, teachers, and other groups that work with youth
- Serve on Mount Zion’s Staff Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Religious School Director and special education staff to ensure inclusivity and provide support for youth of all abilities
- Serve as key support person for Religious School Director
- Represent Mount Zion on community-wide committees and interactions with other organizations and institutions
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Essential Criteria for Success
- The ability to connect with children and teens
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of Judaism (e.g. values, prayers, rituals, and holidays) and understanding of Reform Judaism
- Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills
- Background in education and comfort with teaching preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
The position is full-time, with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
How To Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Larry Solomon, Executive Director. Questions? Please contact Larry Solomon.