Development and Communications Manager
NECHAMA – Jewish Response To Disaster
Open until filled
NECHAMA – Jewish Response to Disaster is a 501(c)(3) volunteer organization providing natural disaster response, rebuild, and preparedness training services nationwide. Guided by the Jewish values of Tikkun Olam, repairing the world, performing good acts, and helping the stranger, NECHAMA offers a helping hand in the spirit of goodwill and creating mutual respect and understanding among people.
Purpose of Job
The Development & Communications Manager is focused on:
- Assisting with the yearly development programs for NECHAMA, including managing the Grant Program.
- Ensuring the ongoing operation and effectiveness of the CRM and donor data.
- Overseeing the organizational prospect research program.
- Assisting with organizational external communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation of annual development plans for general operations as well as for individual projects as needed.
- Manage the daily operations for the organizational grant program.
- Assist with ongoing donor communications.
- Provide support for the donor retention program.
- Oversee and manage the organizational prospect research program.
- Assist with the management and planning of NECHAMA events.
- Ensure ongoing operation of the CRM with a focus on data integrity.
- Under the direction of the Development and Communications Director, provide regular assistance in the implementation of the annual communications calendar including:
- Print pieces.
- Social media.
- Organizational videos.
- Letters and general correspondence.
- Newsletter and other electronic communications.
- Assist with management of the NECHAMA website
- Help to ensure organizational brand standards are maintained and adhered too.
- Represent NECHAMA at conferences, community events, and speaking engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience, in a U.S. non-profit setting preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to design and convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and CRM software.
- Familiarity with Apple products including MacBooks and iPads a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress, image editing, and Trello a plus.
- Experience with photography and videography preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with a diverse staff and volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to and passion for NECHAMA’s mission.
- Some national travel required.
- A valid US driver’s license with a favorable driving record is required.
This position is based out of NECHAMA’s Burnsville Office.
NECHAMA offers Health, Dental, and Vision. 15 days PTO plus Jewish and Federal Holidays.
How To Apply:
Apply online at https://nechama.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22