Finance and Administration Manager
NECHAMA – Jewish Response to Disaster
Open Until Filled
NECHAMA – Jewish Response to Disaster is a 501(c)(3) volunteer organization providing natural disaster response, rebuild, and preparedness training services nationwide. Guided by the Jewish values of Tikkun Olam, repairing the world, performing good acts, and helping the stranger, NECHAMA offers a helping hand in the spirit of goodwill and creating mutual respect and understanding among people. You do not need to be Jewish to apply to this position, NECHAMA welcomes staff of all religious and non-religious backgrounds.
Purpose of Job
The Finance and Administration Manager is focused on:
- Managing all financial tasks of the organization including budgeting and reporting.
- Implementing and updating all accounting practices and procedures.
- Oversee staff managing all non-operations administrative activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our contract bookkeepers to see that financial reports and filings are prepared on a monthly and on an as-needed basis.
- Manage the annual audit process with auditor firm.
- Review and oversee check requests, employee reimbursements, and accounts payable for accuracy, ensuring proper coding and documentation for all transactions.
- Oversee credit card reconciliation process.
- Manage all cash and check deposits, including remotely captured checks.
- Send, track and follow up invoices and accounts receivable.
- Oversee credit card and ACH donation payment system.
- Oversee payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Develop and manage monthly internal financial reporting for Senior and Program staff.
- Manage cash flow and use of line of credit.
- Support month end process.
- Support the annual budget process.
- Support the development and management of Project budgets.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all work, researching/reconciling all discrepancies and performing internal audits as needed.
- Manage all accounting and internal control policies, procedures and systems.
- Manage the financial administrative aspects of grant proposals and grant reporting, including preparing grant budgets, grant financial reports, research, and analysis.
- Act as financial point of contact for the staff.
- Oversee the delivery of general office support by the Administrative and Development Coordinator.
- Work with the Development and Communications Manager to allocate Administrative and Development Coordinator’s time for weekly job expectations, as well as for special projects as needed under the Development department.
- Represent NECHAMA at conferences, community events, and speaking engagements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-5 years related professional finance experience, in a US non-profit setting preferred.
- Extensive experience with cost allocation across multiple programs and/or grants is required.
- Management of foundation and other types of program-restricted grants, including grant budget-writing, is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in budget preparation for an organization with an annual budget greater than $2 million.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or another analytical field is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Database, Bill.com, and Expensify familiarity is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Familiarity with Apple products including MacBooks and iPads a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with a diverse staff and volunteers who provide and need varying levels of support.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to and passion for NECHAMA’s mission.
- Some national travel required.
- A valid US driver’s license with a favorable driving record is required.
This position is based out of NECHAMA’s Burnsville Office. It reports to the Executive Director, and supervises the Administrative and Development Coordinator
How To Apply:
Apply online at https://nechama.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23