Aquatics Coordinator of Lifeguard and Safety
$30,000-$33,000 plus benefits
Open until filled
The Coordinator of Lifeguard and Safety provides daily direction and supervision for Lifeguards and Safety staff. The incumbent assists the Program Manager in meeting established participation and revenue goals. The incumbent hires, trains and supervises staff in conjunction with the Program Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with Program Manager to recruit, hire, on board, train, develop, and supervise staff.
• Provides daily direction, supervision, and scheduling for Lifeguard and Safety staff and other Aquatics as needed.
• Assists the Program Manager in the implementation of safe, quality aquatics programs, specifically private lessons, group lessons, Master Swim program, and red-cross classes.
• Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
• Participates in the budget process and manages day to day programing to ensure revenue, program goals, and expense targets are achieved.
• Assists in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness and maintenance of and the Aquatics program areas.
• Perform “hands-on” work on average of 50% of work week. This may include lifeguarding or swim instruction.
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Chief Operations Officer in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the JCC’s success
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum of two (1) years of experience working in aquatics
• Minimum of six (6) months of supervisory experience
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Current Lifeguard, CPR/First Aid, AED certification
• CPO or equivalent certification
• Lifeguard instructor, W.S.I. certifications preferred
• Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
How To Apply:
Send resume to Heather at [email protected]