Part-time Possibility for full-time
Dependant on qualifications and experience
The Aquatics Coordinator provides daily direction and supervision for the Aquatics department and is responsible for assisting in developing, implementing, and evaluating year round aquatics programs for the indoor and outdoor pools, in addition to hiring, supervising and training staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and supervise lifeguards.
- Provide daily direction, supervision, and scheduling for lifeguard and safety staff and other aquatics staff as needed. Design and modify daily, weekly, monthly, annual policies and procedures for staff protocol.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and act as a liaison for Camp Olami and Early Childhood Center swim programs.
- Ensure and manage a high level of customer service, by responding to phone and email correspondence, to enhance the member, program participant, and guest experience.
- Organize and facilitate staff meetings and in-services.
- Assist in the process to ensure the quality, cleanliness, and maintenance of the aquatics program areas and equipment.
- Manage and facilitate the outdoor pool.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in aquatics
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Current Lifeguard, CPR/First Aid, AED certification
- CPO or equivalent certification
- Lifeguard instructor, W.S.I. certifications preferred
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 4-year degree BA/BS in Physical education, Recreation or related field
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to Danya Kornblum at [email protected]