Shavua Tov! Hope you had a good week. Here is this week’s hot Jewish news. The airline Tefillin scare, a Jewish “New York State of Mind,” anti-Israel hackers, Iranian Jew-haters, and more. Lots of sweet videos – check ’em out.
1. Iranian Official Denies Ever Touching Jew. Heeb Magazine. And he’s threatening legal action against the person who started the “ugly and false rumor.”
2. Jewish Teen’s Tefillin Diverts US Airways Flight 3709 from LaGuardia – Huffington Post. Wow. You know you’re really safe when airline security can’t tell the difference between tefillin and a bomb. As a result of this national story, the #1 google search on Jan. 21st was – you guessed it – “tefillin.” Don’t miss comedian Joel Chasnoff (coming to the Twin Cities for the Humor Festival in a few weeks) riffing on Tefillin and Airline security a few years ago (thanks AJW).
3. Eighth District GOP website hit by anti-israel hackers. The MN Independent. I guess that’s one way to express your anger with the GOP…
4. So you think Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind” doesn’t represent the Jewish New York you remember? Neither did comedian Billy Eichner and Saturday Night Live alum Rachel Dratch. Check out “Forest Hills State of Mind.” (Thanks Jewcy).
5. American Jewish Committee just launch new internet TV show “AJC Reality Check.” Great stuff if you were wishing wishing you heard more news about Israel, or Jewish politics/culture/world issues on the news. (Thanks Capital J).