Christmas can be sort of a bummer for us Jewish folk. Friends head home for grandma’s famous holiday ham, stores are closed, the excitement of gift unwrapping ended last week. But there is a silver lining. The city is ours!!! Mwahahaha!
TC Jewfolk has your Christmas go-to guide for all the best restaurants, Chinese joints, and movies open on X-mas. Ho, ho, ho! Merry (Jewish) Christmas!
- Little Szechuan (304 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis OR 422 University Ave W, Saint Paul)
- Shuang Cheng (1320 4th St SE, Minneapolis)
- Tea House (2425 University Ave SE, Minneapolis)
- Great Wall (4515 France Avenue S, Minneapolis).
- There’s so much more! Tell us your favorite in the Facebook comments.
Not feeling Chinese? Here are some other restaurants open on Christmas:
- Moscow On The Hill (371 Selby Ave, Saint Paul), from 4-9 p.m.
- Buca di Beppo (St. Paul, Minneapolis, Maple Grove, and Eden Prairie)
- For the full list, check this out.
Hitting up the movie theater? Now Playing:
- Mary Poppins Returns — The Hamilton guy puts on a British accent if this very fun musical sequel to the original from 1964.
- Aquaman — The season’s superhero movie, but for real — not like in Entoruage.
- Bumblebee – The Transformers origin story you didn’t know you needed.
- Second Act – J-Lo is back on the big screen.
- On The Basis of Sex – The Ruth Bader Ginsburg origin story you absolutely needed.
Need a song to get in the Christmas mood, friend of TC Jewfolk Jon Savitt offers up this original ditty:
What did we miss? Let us know on our in the comments on Facebook!