Christmas can be sort of a bummer for us Jewish folk. Friends leave town, take off for warmer climes, leaving you here in the cold. Stores are closed. Sure Hanukkah is still going on, but there’s another silver lining: The city is ours!!! Mwahahaha!
TC Jewfolk has your Christmas go-to guide for all the best restaurants, Chinese joints, and movies open on X-mas. Ho, ho, ho! Merry (Jewish) Christmas!
- Little Szechuan (304 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis OR 422 University Ave W, Saint Paul)
- Shuang Cheng (1320 4th St SE, Minneapolis)
- Tea House (2425 University Ave SE, Minneapolis)
- Great Wall (4515 France Avenue S, Minneapolis).
- There’s so much more! Listen to our Jewish Christmas episode of our Jewish food podcast We Won. Let’s Eat! to get some other recommendations, or tell us your favorite in the Facebook comments.
Not feeling Chinese? Here are some other restaurants open on Christmas:
- Moscow On The Hill (371 Selby Ave, Saint Paul).
- Buca di Beppo (St. Paul, Minneapolis, Maple Grove, and Eden Prairie)
- For the full list, check this out.
Hitting up the movie theater? Now Playing:
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker — The last film of the original Star Wars saga.
- Cats — If you like the musical with celebrities dressed as pets, this is for you. But based on the early reviews, this movie isn’t for anyone.
- Little Women — The Lady Bird writer and director and brings a new spin on the classic story.
- Spies In Disguise – Will Smith voices the lead in this animated action-adventure.
Need a song to get in the Christmas mood, friend of TC Jewfolk Jon Savitt offers up this original ditty:
What did we miss? Let us know on our in the comments on Facebook!