Part-Time Clergy Assistant
Temple of Aaron is a Conservative Synagogue in St. Paul MN. We are a host to 900+ families and have a young energetic team of clergy and staff. Temple of Aaron has experienced a renewed level of success recently through awards, recognition, and participation. The position of Part-Time Clergy Assistant will help us take the next step forward by working with all ages within the synagogue through assisting and enhancement the work of our clergy and team. The position will include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide daily assistance to rabbi(s) and cantor for life cycles, programming, education, information and logistics.
2. Logistics liaison to clergy and staff for materials such as, but not limited to, emails, birthday letters, thank you notes, setups, life cycle documents, etc.
3. Assist clergy and staff with copying, editing, mailings, etc.
4. Maintain life cycle paperwork, files, and materials.
5. Answer phones and assist members
6. Draft and edit correspondence with synagogue members and community
7. Weekly preparation for Shabbat weekends and holidays (service cue sheets, Shabbat programming bulletin, Shabbat/holiday honors form, illness reports, wedding anniversaries, funeral/death notices, and other updates)
8. Update member internal information
9. Some marketing information (Shabbat announcement, event flyers, etc)
10. Schedule appointments when needed
11. Update TOA on-line calendar.
12. Preserve discretion due to sensitive issues and information that accompanies clergy
13. Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Hours: 28-32 Hours a Week
Reports to: Clergy team
Vacation: 10 Days plus holidays
Benefits: Medical & Dental (optional)
How To Apply:
To apply please send a cover letter and resume [email protected]