Administrative Assistant to the Cantor & B’nai Mitzvah Program
Open Until Filled
The Administrative Assistant to the Cantor and B’nai Mitzvah Program will provide administrative support at Beth El Synagogue – a large, dynamic Conservative congregation in St. Louis Park, Minn. The entire staff and clergy team at Beth El Synagogue enjoy a collaborative work environment focused on serving the needs of the congregation. Key job requirements for the Administrative Assistant will be to provide a warm and welcoming presence to congregants and outside callers while ensuring the Cantorial office and B’nai Mitzvah program runs efficiently.
This position is an exempt salaried position that requires occasional evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Associate Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include a wide range of administrative support: clerical, scheduling, design and preparation of written materials, event planning and logistics.
- The assistant must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality when needed.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under pressure and in coordination with various departments.
- Able to work efficiently independently as well as work effectively on a team.
- Must have a professional demeanor, positive and proactive attitude; good judgement and be reliable.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO CANTOR
- Coordinates and maintains the Cantor’s schedule and calendar:
- Handles and prioritizes incoming and outgoing requests, mail, email, and phone calls
- Prepares correspondence
- Coordinates classes, study groups, scholars in residence. Coordination includes:
- Coordinates and supports other office clerical functions such as answering phones & supporting the Welcome Desk and working as a team with other staff to support and produce Virtual services, classes and programs via Zoom and Livestream
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO B’NAI MITZVAH PROGRAM
- Work with the Education Director and Cantor to coordinate and execute the B’nai Mitzvah Program:
- Maintain grade level data and communication lists – updating frequently as students move through the program
- Track progress and prepare progress reports
- Send communications
- Prepare teaching materials & handouts
- Schedule meetings and rehearsals
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years equivalent work experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) Constant Contact, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Jewish & Hebrew knowledge preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and has attention to details.
- Able to work on multiple priority items under pressure with the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to work independently and carry out assignments to completion while meeting deadlines.
- Has discretion with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Indoor office environment at Beth El Synagogue
- Works with and around others
- Frequent interaction with congregants and guests
- Current COVID-19 protocols require vaccination and masking indoors when outside personal office space.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].