Charitable Giving Assistant
Beth El Synagogue
Aug. 31, 2019
Beth El Synagogue is an inclusive faith-based community founded on Conservative Jewish laws and values. Beth El Synagogue is seeking a well-rounded individual as Development Assistant to be involved in all facets of the organization’s fundraising operations.
The Charitable Giving Assistant, reporting to the Director of Charitable Giving, will support the fundraising efforts of Beth El Synagogue. The Charitable Giving Assistant serves as the primary constituent relationship management software administrator for the organization. This position is responsible for stewarding and administering all aspects of appropriate and accurate donor records as well as management and oversight of the database to ensure data integrity, donor receipting and acknowledgment, reporting and analysis.
The position is full-time (40 hours/week, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m), based out of St. Louis Park, Minnesota. Occasional nights/weekends for select events may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- DATA ENTRY AND DONATION PROCESSING
- Assistant is the primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records in the database.
- Create new donor records as needed, and research and update donor information such as email, telephone, spouse names, etc.
- Accurately enter, process and acknowledge donations, pledge payments and other financial contributions into constituent relationship management software.
- Knowledge of tax deductibility.
- Codes and tracks general donations, tributes, and membership.
- Uploads online transactions (profile updates, donations, memberships and event registrations) from online giving systems.
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports.
- Filing all donation-related paperwork and maintaining organized systems.
- DONOR RELATIONS
- Provide outstanding service to all donors and congregants with whom you interact.
- Manage donation acknowledgment process (sending thank you notes, tribute cards, and special processing).
- Answer phone and email inquiries.
- Tracking and reporting on Tribute contributions.
- BUDGET TRACKING AND CHECK REQUESTS
- Create, route and file accounts payable check requests.
- Assist director and project staff with budget reconciliation.
- MAILINGS & MAIL LIST MAINTENANCE
- Perform database maintenance and cleanup projects to improve data integrity and database performance.
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitation and other department mailings.
- Post mailings or work with mail house or volunteers to ensure time-sensitive mailings are sent.
- Run monthly statement letters.
- Prepare and send annual tax letters.
- SPECIAL EVENTS
- Support for special events including assisting with mailings, phone inquiries, in-kind gift tracking and other clerical duties as designated by project managers.
- GENERAL CLERICAL SUPPORT
- Assist with general clerical support for the department and agency as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; may be substituted by experience.
- At least two years prior development or administrative experience, preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Prior experience with ShulCloud or other fundraising database preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Charitable Giving Assistant” in the subject line.