Volunteer Coordinator- #3184
Open until filled
The Volunteer Coordinator is a liaison between volunteers and the professional staff to recruit, organize, and train the Sholom volunteers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and train Sholom volunteers.
- Screen and interview candidates. Select and hold orientation for finalists.
- Implement and conduct training sessions for new volunteers.
- Review available volunteer opportunities to appropriately match the volunteer with their preferences and skills.
- Provide work schedules for volunteers.
- Conduct orientation and training for volunteers so that they understand the overall objectives of Sholom and are introduced to their particular area of service.
- Provide work-related feedback for volunteers.
- Develop and implement recognition and reward system.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
- Work as a team with other staff including planning, implementation, and evaluation of volunteer services. Act as a liaison between volunteers and staff.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation for Volunteer Services Department.
- Develop and maintain records of volunteer participation and submit required reports to the corporate office so that program effectiveness can be evaluated.
- Develop and update appropriate program materials including volunteer handbook and application process.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Social Work, Volunteer Management or in Human Services or related field preferred.
- One or more year’s experience in hospice or home care required.
- One or more year’s experience in supervision required.
How To Apply: