Christmas can be sort of a bummer for us Jewish folk. Friends head home for grandma’s famous holiday ham, stores are closed, the excitement of gift unwrapping ended last week. But there is a silver lining. The city is ours!!! Mwahahaha!
TC Jewfolk has your Christmas go-to guide for all the best restaurants, Chinese joints, parties (check out the awesome Christmas Eve Jewbilee at 7th Street Entry) and movies open on X-mas. Ho, ho, ho! Merry (Jewish) Christmas!
- Little Szechuan (304 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis OR 422 University Ave W, Saint Paul)
- Shuang Cheng (1320 4th St SE, Minneapolis)
- Tea House (2425 University Ave SE, Minneapolis)
- Great Wall (4515 France Avenue S, Minneapolis).
- Quang is actually Vietnames, but hey. (2719 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis)
- There’s so much more! Tell us your favorite in the Facebook comments.
Not feeling Chinese? Here are some other restaurants open on Christmas:
- Moscow On The Hill (371 Selby Ave, Saint Paul), from 4-9 p.m.
- Buca di Beppo (St. Paul, Minneapolis, Maple Grove, and Eden Prairie)
- For the full list, check this out.
Hitting up the movie theater? Now Playing:
- Star Wars: Episode VIII — For the fantasy-loving teenage boy in you. Or for your teenage boy and his friends.
- Jumanji — A reboot from your childhood, featuring The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black, among others.
- Ferdinand – Another movie featuring a wrestler, John Cena voices a cartoon bull.
- Coco – This year’s Disney/Pixar film has drawn rave reviews in its first month out.
- Pitch Perfect 3 – It may not be as good as the original, but still good for a laugh. Looking for more?
What did we miss? Let us know on our in the comments on Facebook!