A lot of crazy #&#%$* happens in the Jewish world each week. Don’t miss these stories on Obama’s snub to Bibi, Minnesota’s AJW rips on Israel, the Hasidic Lady Gaga, Eric Cantor on health care, fake matzah, and Amy Winehouse naming her, um, well….
1. Representative Eric Cantor to Dems: Shut Up, Bitches. Heeb. I don’t even need to describe that article. I know you’re going to click on it. It’s that good. And &%$*#ed up.
2. Israeli Rabbis warn about fake Passover Matzah. Um, really? It’s bad enough that we eat the stuff for 7 days. Now we have to be wary of whether it’s “fake” kosher? Puhlease.
3. “Jerusalem 1o1.” AJW online. The American Jewish World (AJW) is Minnesota’s only Jewish newspaper. What I don’t get is why its Editor is so critical of Israel’s newest move to build Jewish homes in an Orthodox neighborhood in Jerusalem. Why is the Editor of our only local Jewish newspaper opining negatively on an issue that only recently even became debatable and really has nothing to do with peace between Israel and the Palestinians. Jews should be able to live wherever they want, just like Arabs and Christians and Hindus should be able to as well. And if Jews can’t build homes in a Jewish neighborhood (about 181,000 Jews, 229, 000 Arabs in East Jerusalem in 2006- this isn’t a tiny Jewish cluster people), where are they supposed to build them? I’m a little hot about this article, as you can see. If the AJW is going to claim to represent the entire Jewish community, don’t you think their editor’s op-ed should be a little more balanced? Or at least do a point-counterpoint thing? I’m pissed. WTF.
4. Binyamin Netanyahu humiliated after Barack Obama ‘dumped him for dinner’. Times Online. Or as Jewcy described it, Barack treated Bibi like a ho. Seriously? Prez Obama WTF? I mean, I bet our Prez would have treated the head of the Palestinian Authority, or Ahmadinejad better than that. &%#^$*. No wonder Capital J is wondering whether Obama is alienating Jewish voters?
5. VaJew-Jew; Amy Winehouse Names Her Vagina. Heeb. Okay, it’s a bit TMI. But it’s hilarious.
6. The Hasidic Lady Gaga Cover Band. Heeb. There are few cooler things in the world than a bunch of Hasidic Jews changing the words and rocking out to Lady Gaga. I don’t know what is about her music that makes Jews turn it into funny youtube videos (have you seen “Kosher Face?“). Check this one out.
(Photo: Pres. Obama on the Phone with Prime Minister Netanyahu, 6/2009)
Lots of us yiddim who don’t live in Israel actually eat matzah for eight days not seven.
Re: 3. “Jerusalem 1o1.”
It’s not an editorial or an op-ed.
The post represents a number of viewpoints about the controversy that erupted during VP Biden’s visit to Israel.
The AJW article does contain a number of viewpoints, but it reminds me of an MSNBC report on any congressional issue. They nominally provide both sides of the issue but downplay and openly mock the Repub side and openly cheerlead for the Demo side. The purpose is to pretend to be balanced but really to emphasize their point of view. Since I find their far left-wing BS unrealistic, I avoid them whenever possible. Fox news has the same shtick with the viewpoints reversed. The 1to1 AJW article would make MSNBC proud.
They represent the people who defamed and did everything they could to defeat Joe Lieberman and when he won a free and fair election now complain when he doesn’t vote the way they want.
I didn’t think the article was unbalanced.
While we are on the subject, has anyone noticed this op-ed in NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/opinion/01bass.html?ref=opinion
Could this be a tacit warning to Israel?
Thanks for the NYT link, Dmitriy. That was an illuminating read.