A lot of crazy #&#%$* happens in the Jewish world each week. This week’s “What the Bleep?!” is dedicated to those kiddies who think anti-Semitism is a thing of the past.
1. “On PA television for kids, Israel is only a fairy tale” (JPost) – How can you expect a people to work towards peace and a 2-state solution when the state-run programming is brainwashing kids to think that Israel doesn’t and shouldn’t exist?
2. “Sandra Bullock news: Jesse James Nazi Picture is out” (SF Gate) – Yes, he’s a cheater and that’s bad. But wouldn’t you think the Nazi thing is a bit worse? Maybe a warning sign that he’s not bring-home-to-mama material?
3. “Analysis: Why don’t Norwegians take on anti-Semitism?” (JPost) – How Israel is at risk when Islamists meet the Left (sounds familiar…)
4. “Plans for a Synagogue Upset a Town” (NY Times) How an Orthodox Rabbi on a mission has his New Jersey neighbors in a tizzy.
5. “Budapest Seder stoned; none injured” (JPost) – but the Seder continued on. Next year we will be free.
But on a more positive note…
“Next Year in the White House: a Seder Tradition” (NY Times) – a heartwarming article about Prez. Obama introducing into the White House the 1st ever annual Passover Seder, chants of “Next Year in Jerusalem” and all.
White House Seder? No chants of “Next year in Al-Quds!” the future Palestinian capital?