A lot of crazy #&#%$* happens in the Jewish world each week. This week’s “What the Bleep?!” is dedicated to those kiddies who think anti-Semitism is a thing of the past.
1. “On PA television for kids, Israel is only a fairy tale” (JPost) – How can you expect a people to work towards peace and a 2-state solution when the state-run programming is brainwashing kids to think that Israel doesn’t and shouldn’t exist?
2. “Sandra Bullock news: Jesse James Nazi Picture is out” (SF Gate) – Yes, he’s a cheater and that’s bad. But wouldn’t you think the Nazi thing is a bit worse? Maybe a warning sign that he’s not bring-home-to-mama material?
3. “Analysis: Why don’t Norwegians take on anti-Semitism?” (JPost) – How Israel is at risk when Islamists meet the Left (sounds familiar…)
4. “Plans for a Synagogue Upset a Town” (NY Times) How an Orthodox Rabbi on a mission has his New Jersey neighbors in a tizzy.
5. “Budapest Seder stoned; none injured” (JPost) – but the Seder continued on. Next year we will be free.
But on a more positive note…
“Next Year in the White House: a Seder Tradition” (NY Times) – a heartwarming article about Prez. Obama introducing into the White House the 1st ever annual Passover Seder, chants of “Next Year in Jerusalem” and all.