Are you a writer with an in-depth knowledge of the local music scene and trends in music, have experience covering live shows and interviewing musicians? Great. We have a gig for you.
TC Jewfolk is looking for a music writer to cover emerging and established Jewish musicians. That could mean reviewing a local musician’s latest album, covering an experimental sound art movement, getting the scoop on the next big hip-hop band out of the Twin Cities or interviewing acts when they come to town.
- Knowledge of local music scene and ability to write about several genres of music
- Experience and availability to cover shows, events, concerts on weekends and evenings
- Comfortable interviewing artists with an engaging writing style that will appeal to a “younger” audience
- Writing and journalism experience, online or print
- Experience using WordPress and general digital know-how preferred but not required
This is a freelance position with pay/article. This won’t get you rich, but it will get your free tickets to some cool shows, an audience, and a byline.
TC Jewfolk is the Twin Cities’ only independent Jewish news, events and culture online media hub devoted to engaging, informing, and connecting the Twin Cities’ local Jewish community. Our target demographic is 18-45 and our content reflects issues of interest to that community. With well over 10,000 users a month, we launch new voices into the blogosphere.
How to Apply:
Please send an email with a cover letter, work experience and clips (links or attached as PDF) with the title “Music Journalist Position” to [email protected] .
This position was made possible in part with support from the Howard B. & Ruth F. Brin Jewish Arts Endowment, a fund of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s Foundation, and Rimon: The Minnesota Jewish Arts Council, an initiative of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.