Head Toddler Teacher
Temple Israel Early Childhood Center
Full-time Toddler room
Commensurate with experience
Open until filled
Temple Israel ECC is a NAEYC accredited, Reggio-inspired diverse Jewish preschool serving children ages 16 months to 5 years. Our school offers a small class size setting and a diverse and dedicated staff. We are looking for talented and qualified Toddler Head Teachers and/or Assistant Teachers to join our team. Our community of about 80 families and 20 staff understands children as competent, capable learners; each with unique experiences, gifts and ideas. We are committed to helping each child and family thrive in our place of learning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Toddler Head Teacher, along with the Assistant Teacher, will be responsible for planning, supervising, and implementing the class program in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a positive, professional approach with children, parents, and coworkers. Bringing energy, enthusiasm and professionalism to the position.
- Implementing a Reggio-inspired program. Centering the educational workwith children on their assets, interests, and talents; and on their learning in relationship with others. Developing the child’s role as an integral member of their learning community.
- Planning and implementing the yearly curriculum and preparing educational materials required for daily instruction for the children.
- Documenting children’s thinking so as to develop learning experiences and inquiry based instruction for the class community deepen understanding about each child’s learning and developmental needs, and strengthen the bridges among families and school community.
- Building strong relationships with families by developing and maintaining communication links such as: daily sheets, documentation boards, classroom newsletters, and parent-teacher conferences. Providing parents with ongoing informal and formal overviews of the child’s learning experience and progress within the classroom community. Respecting the confidentiality of child and family information.
- Encouraging and participating in critical thinking and reflective practice. Able to critically reflect upon and open to feedback about one’s presence in the classroom, receive feedback and direction, and act so as to repair relationships as appropriate.
- Supervising and collaborating w/teaching staff to assist with implementing the program and daily activities.
- Attending staff meetings, workshops, professional development and special school functions as determined by the Director.
- Participating in yearly reflection and evaluation of the program.
- Establishing and maintaining an attractive, sanitary, clean and safe learning space and common use environment for the children, families, and school community. Caring for the materials and common use equipment of the school.
- Observing all rules, policies and regulations of Temple Israel ECC and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- 2 years Head Teaching experienced in an educational setting licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- DHS Head Teacher qualifications
- Experience building relationships with families to communicate about children’s learning processes and development
- Coursework in early childhood education
Health Insurance (Requires Full Time Status of minimum 30 hrs/wk)
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume:
Tamara Weiss Rhodes
Temple Israel Early Childhood Center (ECC) and Young Family Education Director