Sabes JCC Teen Director – In partnership with BBYO and NFTY
The Teen Director understands the process and value of creating a vibrant network of lay and professional supporters who will strengthen youth engagement in the Twin Cities. This Teen Director will partner closely with the youth movements and programs currently represented in the Twin Cities to maximize the programmatic and engagement offerings to Jewish teens across the Twin Cities. The Teen Director helps teens create and connect teens to Jewish activities that are fun, dynamic, and providing them the tools, resources, and guidance to program in a ways that adds value, meaning and identity to their lives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a culture in the community that is highly focused on broad based teen engagement that both elevates current successful models of engagement and goes beyond the bounds of traditional organizations and youth movements. In addition to being a representative of BBYO, NFTY and JCC – a concierge for all teen programming and opportunities.
- Partner with BBYO HQ, NFTY HQ and JCC staff to create and oversee regional Kallot and conventions that are open and welcoming to all Jewish teens.
- Plan movement-based programming with input from and partnership with teen leaders.
- Partner with NFTY HQ, BBYO HQ and JCC staff to create local programing opportunities that are open and welcoming to all Jewish teens and align with the mission and goals of each organization.
- Convene local teen committees to provide input and help plan these activities.
- Collaborate with and serve as a community teen concierge to established Jewish organizations that engage with teens in the local community and partner on multiple Twin Cities wide social and educational events.
- In partnership with local congregations, create a track of programming to engage and support teens who serve as staff in their religious schools – social and educational.
- Provide local youth professionals support and opportunities for professional development.
- Create local reunions and engagement opportunities for different camp teen communities throughout the year
- Pre-summer teen send-off for camps
- Various visits to various camp during the season
- Post-summer CIT engagement for all camps
- Develop relationships with parents, teens, and community lay and professional leaders
- JCC Maccabi delegation head in partnership with St. Paul JCC
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Four year degree. Preferably in social work, child development, education, recreation or a related field. Two plus years experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing and collaboration.
- Must be able to travel in support of conventions, meetings and training opportunities. Includes overnight travel.
- High-level supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other computer programs.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Diversity Statement: All Sabes JCC career opportunities are open to all qualified individuals. We embrace diversity of, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, marital, parental and economic status.
- Compensation: The JCC provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits such as health insurance, retirement accounts, sick leave, paid time-off, and opportunities for professional development.
- Questions: Please contact Danya Kornblum, Director of Youth and Camping, with questions: [email protected].
How To Apply:
Application Submission: Please submit resumes and any other professional portfolio materials to [email protected].
- Application Deadline: Monday Jan. 16, 2017.