Open until filled
At Temple Israel Early Childhood Center:
- We work together as a team, creating a positive work environment.
- We are attentive and responsive to the children, creating a warm and nurturing community where each child feels included and accepted.
- We interact with the children to support learning through exploration and play.
- We facilitate children’s social competence and ability to learn through interacting with others.
- We build rapport with parents through effective communication.
- We design classroom schedules that are consistent and predictable, with transitions that are handled calmly and with planning and communicated using a picture schedule. Time and space for play and for children’s exploration is a priority, so we keep transitions to a minimum and make sure children are not hurried from place to place.
- We use visuals to decrease anxiety and increase confidence and self-regulation.
- We are inspired by the schools of Reggio Emilia, focusing on making the experiences, ideas, and learning of the children visible, launching studies responsive to the children’s interests, devoting time to observing children, documenting observations and reflecting together as teaching teams.
- We draw learning objectives from Creative Curriculum, use documentation to gather insights about each child’s learning and development, and assess using Teaching Strategies Gold.
- We teach Jewish holidays through a mix of discussion, stories, songs and hands-on experiences. We facilitate key Jewish experiences for children such as Havdalah, Shabbat, visiting a Sukkah and shaking a Lulav, a Tu B’Shvat Seder, a Purim costume parade and more. Ritual objects become familiar to the children as do Hebrew words and songs and Jewish stories.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Float teachers move between our toddler, preschool and pre-kindergarten classrooms as needed.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Applicants must meet DHS head or assistant teacher qualifications. Knowledge of Judaism, Reggio Emilia, Creative Curriculum and/or NAEYC accreditation standards a plus.
The Temple Israel Early Childhood Center offers a fun, supportive working environment and provides yearly professional development opportunities.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sharon Rosenberg-Scholl, ECC Director, at: [email protected].