Marketing and Communications Coordinator
DOQ – Must submit salary history and requirements
Open until filled
We are eager to welcome a marketing communications professional who is dedicated to our mission and values. Under the direction of the CEO, the Coordinator is responsible for increasing awareness and supporting development’s revenue efforts. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent people skills, technological know-how, database experience and the drive to develop relationships. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to build and grow our marketing communications efforts.
This newly created position is responsible for developing and managing marketing communications, both external and internal. Under limited supervision, the coordinator will create and deliver marketing ideas and activities, develop a communications outreach plan — both social and earned media – and support development campaigns and events:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategy Development and Brand Management – Create long and short-term cost-effective plans to meet objectives. This includes identifying and prioritizing projects and campaigns based on importance and timing. Build and maintain marketing communications budget. Build impact and recognition by managing the brand identity for consistency on all materials including collateral, direct mail, and correspondence.
- Public Relations/Communications – Generate earned media by promoting JFS’s accomplishments and outcomes via testimonials and other key “news.”
- Digital Management – Create and manage owned media (website, email, social media) to generate awareness, recognition and to build relationships with stakeholders. Set measurable objectives and adjust campaigns based on metrics. Keep up to date on new electronic tools and forms of communication.
- Community Relations – Develop and nurture relationships with the local Jewish community, City of St Paul and other government offices, media organizations, and other social service agencies. Build partnerships for marketing and communications efforts. Build and manage volunteer program.
- Marketing Implementation – Write, design and produce marketing communications materials: articles, powerpoint presentations, brochures, press releases, newsletters, event announcements, letters, visual aids and videos. Plan, manage and attend special events; develop and maintain media lists and Bloomerang constituent relationship management (CRM) database. This includes data entry and updates to support development and marketing initiatives.
- Vendor Management — Work with outside vendors to successfully complete approved projects, including but not limited to: printing of materials, renting of audio/visual equipment, photography or graphic arts services.
- Volunteer Management – Staff the Marketing Committee (board members and outside subject matter experts) partnering with the committee chair on the agenda, meeting notes and related tasks.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
We are looking for an informal leader, who promotes teamwork and cooperation, one who identifies and builds mutually respectful and supportive relationships with others to help implement strategies and objectives:
- Leads, attends and participates in meetings, presentations, and brainstorming sessions; attends training, educational seminars as requested by supervisor.
- Provides an environment that promotes respect for client privacy. Maintains client and staff privacy and confidentiality at all times pursuant to HIPAA.
- Provides positive, supportive communication to employees, clients, families, volunteers, visitors and other agency personnel.
- Has excellent oral / written communications skills and is strong at managing time and projects.
- Maintains availability by phone and email.
- Carries out and promotes the mission and values of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years marketing experience.
- A sound knowledge of marketing ethics and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite, Word Press and Google Analytics.
- An energetic self-starter committed to the agency and its mission.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and culture is helpful.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Requires some evening and weekend work.
How To Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include salary history and requirements. Only applicants who include salary expectations will be considered.