Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul
Commensurate with experience
Full-time, Some nights and Sundays
Open until filled
The Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support both the non-profit’s CEO and VP of Development and to manage the office. The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of complex administrative functions in support of the two senior managers.
You must have excellent primary administrative skills, as well as be able to positively engage community leaders and partners, donors, board members, and work well with staff members.
You must have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects. You also must demonstrate strong initiative, integrity and trustworthiness, and manage confidential information.
Ultimately, you should be able to identify and address the needs of the CEO and VP of Development and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly.
You will, at times, need to support evening Executive Committee, Board, and other committee meetings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the CEO and VP of Development
- Maintain the CEO and VP of Development’s calendar; plan and schedule meetings, conference calls, and domestic and international travel plans end to end. The ability to prioritize their calendars is essential
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure that the CEO and VP of Development follow their schedule
- Act as a “gatekeeper,” minimizing interruptions of the CEO and VP of Development’s work unless an immediate response is necessary
- Work with the CEO and VP of Development to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense of the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO and VP of Development updated
- Help ensure that CEO and VP of Development’s complete their projects; follow up on results
- Assist the CEO and VP of Development in project management and execution, including internal communications, events and space planning
- Represent the CEO and VP of Development at meetings in the CEO and VP of Development’s absence
- Read, research, and route correspondence
- Produce reports and other information by collecting, analyzing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Manage meeting logistics, agendas and take and distribute meeting minutes as needed
- Reconcile expense reports; ensure timely processing and approvals as appropriate
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Initiate phone calls for the CEO and VP of Development when they request
- Edit and complete first drafts of written communications
- Follow up on contacts made by the CEO and VP of Development and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Create and edit acknowledgment letters from the CEO and VP of Development to donors
- Work with the Finance Director to onboard new hires, including but not limited to completing new hire documentation, setting up the office, obtaining equipment and ensuring a smooth experience
- Help evaluate new office products either alone or working with appropriate committee members
- Place and expedite orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Schedule regular preventive maintenance for office equipment; maintain equipment inventories; call for repairs; evaluates new equipment and techniques
- Develops and maintains filing and retrieval systems
- Identify, develop, recommend, and implement solutions to operations process issues and to improve administrative support
- Coordinate morale events while staying within an allocated budget
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Senior level administrator experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel), social media (web platforms, Facebook, Twitter, and others). Familiarity with Microsoft Project and donor databases is a plus.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, project management, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to achieve results with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Action-oriented, able to work independently to set and prioritize your own work agenda and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and to react with appropriate urgency and composure to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Knowledge of the corporate organization and ability to navigate it successfully
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player: Ability to work collaboratively with others who have a diverse set of working styles and perspectives
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills with client service focus and excellent ability to build strong relationships inside and outside of the group
- Ability to engage successfully with high-level executives and their staffs
- Keep appropriate information confidential
- Exhibit highest level of integrity and business professionalism
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.