PJ Library Coordinator
Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul
Commensurate with experience
10 hours per week initially, increasing as responsibility increases
Open until filled
The Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul is seeking a PJ Library Program Coordinator to help create, implement, and promote PJ Library programming in St. Paul, Minnesota, and its suburbs. This is a part-time position for someone who loves working with children (from 6-months to 8-years-old) and their families.
The PJ Library Coordinator is an employee of the Federation. The PJ Library program in St. Paul is funded jointly by the Federation and by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. The PJ Library Coordinator’s office will be at the Federation at 790 Cleveland Ave. S., St. Paul.
PJ Library® is an award-winning international Jewish family engagement program created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation to strengthen Jewish identities. The PJ Library Program engages young Jewish families and children using bedtime story books as its core. PJ Library delivers the gift of free, high-quality Jewish books and music each month to families raising Jewish children.
The Jewish Federation of Greater St. Paul and PJ Library welcome all Jewish families, whatever your background, knowledge, family make-up, or observance may be.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Coordinator position will help create, implement, and promote PJ Library programming. The Program Coordinator will develop and implement an engagement plan as well as work with and support the development and coordination of relationships with partner organizations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct Programming
- Organize and facilitate frequent on-the-ground family programming (weekdays and Sundays), including story-times, parenting workshops, family holiday gatherings, etc.
- Identify and use local talent and content providers
- Initiate and nurture relationships with Jewish and secular partners and spaces for above programs, such as synagogues, the Jewish Community Center, parks, libraries, and bookstores
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with PJ Library families in-person and online
- Help build parent networks and micro-communities
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Direct programming experience and/or program coordination, either as in a professional or volunteer capacity, preferably serving families raising Jewish children
- Commitment and passion to support a diverse array of families with young children and Jewish communal professionals, with a pluralistic perspective
- Highly engaging personality and capacity to build community
- Knowledge of Jewish life, calendar, and customs and ability to communicate them in inclusive and accessible ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable organization and follow-through with ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects, focus on detail, and deliver timely and accurate results
- Ability to create, implement, and evaluate an ongoing series of multi-sensory experiences for families with children from six months to eight years
- Availability to represent and enthusiastically promote PJ Library at community events, including some weekends and select evenings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Programmatic experience in the Twin Cities area
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities Jewish community and Jewish organizations
How To Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to Sharyn Effress Pesses at [email protected]