Early Childhood Teacher – After School
Temple Israel Early Childhood Center
Commensurate with experience
Open until filled
Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher Opening! Temple Israel ECC, a NAEYC accredited, Reggio-Inspired, diverse Jewish preschool is expanding our hours and accepting applicants for a full-time position in our afternoon care program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The typical schedule for this position would be 12:30-6:30 pm, Monday through Friday, providing care to children ages 16 months through Pre-Kindergarten.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Applicants must meet DHS head teacher qualifications. Knowledge of Judaism, Reggio Emilia, Creative Curriculum and/or NAEYC accreditation standards are a plus, but not required for this position.
At Temple Israel Early Childhood Center:
- We work together as a team, creating a positive work environment.
- We are attentive and responsive to the children, creating a warm and nurturing community where each child feels included and accepted.
- We interact with the children to support learning through exploration and play.
- We facilitate children’s social competence and ability to learn through interacting with others.
- We build rapport with parents through effective communication.
- Time and space for play and for children’s exploration is a priority, so we keep transitions to a minimum and make sure children are not hurried from place to place.
How To Apply:
The Temple Israel Early Childhood Center offers a fun, supportive working environment and provides yearly professional development opportunities. Please submit cover letter and resume to Sharon Rosenberg-Scholl, ECC Director, at: [email protected].