Rabbinic and COO Assistant
Beth El Synagogue
Open Until Filled
The person in this position will provide administrative support to the Rabbi at a large, dynamic, Conservative Jewish congregation, and provide limited support for the congregation’s Chief Operating Officer. Key job requirements will be to provide a warm and welcoming presence to congregants and outside callers while ensuring that the rabbinic office runs smoothly. Responsibilities include a wide range of administrative support: clerical, scheduling, design and preparation of written materials, and office logistics. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to maintain confidentiality when needed, be able to present a polite and professional manner to callers, and an ability to handle sensitive or emotional situations. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight circumstances and in coordination with various departments. Attention to detail, a high level of organization, and strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential. We are looking for a candidate who will take a professional approach to their work environment; has good follow through, with the ability to work independently and as part of a great team that supports each other, and someone who demonstrates a positive, proactive attitude, good judgment, and a strong work ethic.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO RABBI AND COO
Coordinates and maintains rabbi’s schedule and calendar:
- Schedules all meetings, appointments, services, programs, events, classes, individual hospital visits, time-off, etc.
- Updates information on a timely basis.
Handles and prioritizes incoming and outgoing requests, mail, email and phone calls:
- Verifies and provides information.
- Requests and follows-up for information.
- Periodic event support.
Updates contact information and prepares correspondence including, but not limited to:
- Life Cycle Events
- Thank you notes
Coordinates classes, study groups, scholars-in-residence. Coordination includes:
- Logistics for meals, flights, room set-up
- Assembling teaching materials & handouts
Coordinates and Supports other office clerical functions such as:
- Synagogue scheduling
- Answering phones
- Copying and preparing printed material
Coordinates disbursements from rabbis’ discretionary fund
Periodic requests for evening or weekend availability are possible
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Database) and Customer Relationship Management software (CRM)
- Jewish & Hebrew knowledge preferred
- Phone Skills
- Organizational skills; multitasking amid interruptions
- Discretion with highly confidential and sensitive issues
- College degree preferred, but not required
How To Apply:
Send Resume to [email protected]