Shabbat Morning Teachers
Beth Jacob Congregation
Part-time; Saturdays 9 a.m.-noon, plus prep time and one hour-long faculty meeting during the week.
Open Until Filled
Beth Jacob Congregation Seeks Teachers for our Shabbat Morning Learning Program
We have openings for the fall in our Reggio-inspired PK, K/1, and 4th grade classes. Our Shabbat learning program for children, which we call Iyunim, meets on Saturday mornings from 10 a.m.-noon, September through May.
We also have openings for Hebrew instructors for mixed grade-level classes, including Beginner level (letters and decoding), Intermediate level (decoding to reading) and Advanced level (reading/speaking words and phrases).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an engaging learning environment, designed to foster social/emotional growth and curiosity for learning
- Connect children’s curiosity to Jewish stories, ritual, and ideas
- Develop routines and a sense of community in the classroom
- Establish and maintain positive communication with parents and other teachers
Experience and Qualifications
- 1+ year Early Childhood or Elementary Education or Teacher’s Aide Experience
- General Jewish knowledge and ability to implement a Jewish curriculum
- Hebrew reading ability and some vocabulary (need not be fluent for younger grades)
- Experience with Reggio-Emilia preferred
- Spoken Hebrew a plus
Salary range: $15-25 per hour, based on experience
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to Diana MacLennan, Human Resources Manager. E-mail [email protected] or apply directly at https://www.jfcsmpls.org/about-us/jobs-at-jfcs/. For more information on Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis, see www.jfcsmpls.org. AA/EEO