The buzz is constant. What does it mean to be Pro-Israel today in American politics? How much money should the U.S. be giving to Israel? What’s going to happen with Iran? Who is the most Pro-Israel – President Obama or his Republican challengers? Is Iran a nuclear threat? And if so, what do we want to do about it? Are the threats real? Are the promises of retaliation?
But starting tomorrow morning at 9:30am, that buzz is going to become a roar.
AIPAC Policy Conference is here.
The largest Pro-Israel gathering of the year, organized by the “most important organization affecting America’s relationship with Israel,” AIPAC (the American Israel Public Affairs Committee), a lobbying organization that works with students, community members, and legislators to ensure American support for Israel.
And TC Jewfolk is going to be in the thick of it.
We’re the only Twin Cities media outlet covering AIPAC Policy Conference live from DC, which means not only will you have immediate coverage of anything dramatic, fascinating, troubling, or memorable said by the conference’s main speakers (which this year includes: President of the United States Barack Obama, Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, President of Israel Shimon Peres, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), among others), but you’ll be able to read (and watch) a series of TC Jewfolk exclusive interviews with Minnesota elected leaders and others about their thoughts on the Arab-Israeli Conflict and the threat of a nuclear Iran.
TC Jewfolk Interviews scheduled so far include:
- United States Senator Al Franken (D-MN)
- United States Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN)
- United States Representative Erik Paulsen (R-MN)
- United States Representative Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
- David Harris, President and CEO of the National Jewish Democratic Council
- “Like” TC Jewfolk on Facebook to get our articles as soon as they are live. You’ll also be able to join the TC Jewfolk Facebook community as everyone debates these important issues on our Wall during and after the speeches. We’ll keep you updated on Facebook when the big speeches are coming up (like President Obama and Prime Minister Netanyahu’s) so you can watch the live feed on AIPAC’s website.
- “Follow” TC Jewfolk on Twitter to get our articles as soon as they go live, and to read our two cents as we live-tweet all of the major speeches. Join the conversation by commenting/questioning what’s happening as it is happening.
- Make TC Jewfolk your home page, and check the blog every few hours. We’ll post throughout the day Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with snippets of speeches, video interviews, and political commentary that you won’t want to miss.
- Subscribe to TC Jewfolk via email or Google Reader to ensure that you don’t miss an article. The emails only go out once a day, and include all of that day’s posts.
- Subscribe to TC Jewfolk’s Youtube Channel. We will be posting our video interviews with Minnesota’s United States Senators and Representatives, as well as University of Minnesota students and members of AIPAC’s Minnesota delegation. We’ll also be capturing the flavor of the conference, with footage of the 13,000 plus pro-Israel delegates inside the conference center and the protesters outside.
As always, we strongly encourage you to join the conversation in the comments to each post.