When we say “Shavua Tov,” or “good week,” at the end of the Havdalah service on Shabbat, we bid goodbye to last week, and welcome in a new week’s opportunities and experiences.
Before you do that, here is TC Jewfolk’s news in review, our highlights of the top five Jewish news stories or editorials that couldn’t fit on our blog this week, but we think you shouldn’t miss. Best read with a cup of coffee, a bagel, cream cheese and lox.
1. “Israeli Product Pogrom at Trader Joe’s.” Jewlicious. August 27th.
2. “Liberals and Israel.” Jerusalem Post Editorial. August 27th. Reflecting on Senator Ted Kennedy’s positions on Israel.
3. “‘Tweet4Schalit’ campaign reaches No. 2 spot in Twitter.” Jerusalem Post. August 27th.
4. “Dead Sea on Seven Wonders Short List.” Jerusalem Post. August 26th.
5. “The organ harvesting controversy: Did Sweden fumble or Israeli overreact?” JTA. August 24th.