Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis is having its 23rd Annual Benefit on Saturday, December 3, at the Hilton Minneapolis (1001 Marquette Ave. S., Minneapolis). There are a whole lotta reasons to attend, but time is precious for awesome TC Jewfolk readers, so let’s narrow it down to 10.
- If you’re age 21-40, you get a free cocktail, the enjoyment of a performance by Chicago’s Fiveplay vocal group, a free cocktail at the 40 & Under Pre-Party at 7:30 p.m. We already said you get a free cocktail? Well, now you’re doubly sure you’ll get a FREE cocktail. It’s only right for us to tell you that the Pre-Party is generously underwritten by Amy & Jack Fiterman and Elly & Mike Zweigbaum, cocktails are provided by Phillips Distilling Company, and Fiveplay is underwritten by Steve Kalin.
- This is really the reason to come to the Benefit, but we thought we’d kick off the list with the Pre-Party: Your ticket purchase goes toward helping 16,000 people of all backgrounds each year to reach their full potential. Money raised through the Benefit provides critically needed services such as emergency financial assistance, job search guidance, mentors for youth, home visits that promote early childhood literacy, transportation for seniors, and so much more.
- You never know, at the Benefit you might meet your future spouse…or next fling. We’re not judging.
- You’ll laugh your tush off at 8:30 p.m. with the Benefit’s hysterically funny comedian, Tom Papa. He’s toured with his friend Jerry Seinfeld for years and is the host of NBC’s “The Marriage Ref.” Watch him in action here.
- You could meet Sven Sundgaard, Kare 11’s hunky meteorologist and the master of ceremonies for the night! He can predict the weather and that you’ll have an awesome time.
- Your $5 raffle ticket could win you one of four amazing prizes, valued between $499 and $2,000! Who doesn’t want an iPad 2, or a 13-inch Macbook Air, or a weekend getaway in New York City, or a hotel stay/dinner/spa package at Hotel Ivy?! There will also be lots of items in the Mini Silent Auction that would make great gifts for you or someone special.
- Not only do you get a free cocktail at the 40 & Under Pre-Party, you’ll also enjoy delicious desserts, courtesy of Cindi and Harold Goldfine. Yum!
- All your friends will be there!
- It’s cheaper than your average Saturday night out, and the money you spend helps the community.
- Did we mention free booze, helping people, schmoozing and lots of laughter? So, get your tickets!
To come for the 40 & Under Pre-Party, Tom Papa’s hilarity, and dessert, you can get a $50 Friend ticket (general seating) or $125 Patron ticket (choice seating). To enjoy all that and an elegant dinner (at 6:30 p.m.), if you’re 40 or younger you can get a Benefactor Under 40 ticket for the discounted price of $150.
Call 952-542-4878 or purchase online. Other ticket levels are listed online.
Tickets will be mailed the week before the event.