See our official CrossRiver Kosherfest Recipe Contest announcement here.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
Grand Prize (1): $250 in the form of an AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard gift card.
2nd Place (1): $100 in the form of an AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard gift card.
3rd place (1): $50 in the form of an AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard gift card.
WHO CAN ENTER?
You are not eligible to enter and will be disqualified if:
- You are or ever have been a food professional, such as a chef, food writer, culinary specialist or educator, or someone who creates recipes for pay (including but not limited to the sale of food products made from your original recipes).
- You graduated from a culinary school/program or if you are enrolled in a culinary school/program.
- You or a member of your immediate family (parent, children, siblings, spouse, regardless of where they live) is related to any board members, employees, or paid writers of TC Jewfolk.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Enter your original recipe via the online submission form below, or via email to our editor.
Each recipe MUST include the following:
- A list of specific ingredients.
- Precise measurements of aforementioned ingredients.
- The Yield.
- Precise cooking times and temperatures.
- A name/title for the item.
- At least 3 photos of the completed item.
- Recipe Story: Where did it come from? “No more than 500 words that tell a story about the specific recipe. Poems and songs will also be accepted. All 500-word-or-less entries MUST answer the question, “Why is this Jewish?”
HOW WILL RECIPES BE JUDGED?
All entries that fit the standard criteria listed above will be reviewed by TC Jewfolk. The top 5 entries, as selected by TC Jewfolk, will be deemed finalists. The five finalists (or a pre-determined representative) will be required to present their completed items on Sunday January 4, 2015 at a location TBD. A panel of judges will then review the finalists based on the following:
WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
The winners will be announced at the CrossRiver Kosherfest on Sunday January 11, 2015.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to allow TC Jewfolk to publish the recipe, the accompanying story, and photos of the completed items.
READY TO SUBMIT?[contact-form-7 id=”39218″ title=”Kosherfest Recipe Contest”]