The Return of Golllllllldberrrrrg!
Sun., June 14; 5 p.m.; Hyatt Regency Minneapolis; 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
Come witness the event of the millennia as former WWE wrestling champ Bill Goldberg faces off against his greatest arch-rival—wait. What’s that? Oh. Oh, wow. Well, this is kind of, um, kind of embarrassing. Terribly sorry. Well, if it’s any consolation—and we at TCJewfolk believe it is—renowned journalist Jeffrey Goldberg and National Correspondent for The Atlantic magazine will be addressing the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas. The topic will be the future of Jewish people in Europe amidst the rise of anti-Semitism.
Tues., June 16; 5 p.m.; Golden Valley Commons Fountain; 7724 Olsen Memorial Hwy, Golden Valley, MN
Schmooze and play! PJ Library will be hosting a series of pop-up playdate gatherings for families. Other events will include:
- Sunday 7/12, 3:30-5 p.m. at Izzy’s Ice Cream/Choo Choo Bob’s in St. Paul
- Monday 7/20, 5-7 p.m. at PizzaRev – Hopkins, MN
- Thursday 8/20, 6:30-8 p.m. at Sebastian Joe’s Ice Cream in Linden Hills
Wed., June 17; 7 p.m.; JCC St. Paul; 175 St. Paul Ave., St. Paul, MN
I normally wouldn’t include this until next week, but I happen think that this event is doubly important, as the JCC St. Paul’s Board of Directors celebrate the next 50 years on St. Paul Ave., as well as honor some of this year’s great community leaders. While the event is free and open to the community, reservations are required by Fri. June 12. For reservations, contact 651-698-0751 or e-mail at [email protected].
Back Pocket…Events to Come! (Or…Events to Come, but we’ll schmooze about them more later!)
- Food For Your Soul; Stanleys Northeast Bar Room and Park Tavern in St. Louis Park; Thurs., June 18, 6:30 p.m.
- JFCS NextGen Summer Party; Tuggs Tavern; Thurs., June 25, 6:30 p.m.