$13,500 – $15,000 DOQ
Open until filled
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. We strive for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms. Our goals are to promote equity through direct service, social justice through policy advocacy, and progressive change by developing a network of leaders.
The Communications Coordinator will develop, implement and monitor an annual communications plan and calendar for NCJW Minneapolis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In partnership with the Executive Director and the Outreach and Engagement Committee, develop, implement and monitor an Annual Communications Plan and Calendar for the Section.
2. Manage annual communications and marketing budget.
3. Oversee and coordinate the creation and distribution of internal and external communications (including, but not limited to, social media, annual report, electronic newsletters, special event mailings and external press releases and advertising).
4. Design and implement social media plan and effectively communicate via Facebook, e-newsletter, Twitter and other forms of social media.
5. Manage Section website
6. Work with outside vendors for video production as needed. Post videos on website and YouTube.
7. Coordinate use of outside vendors for graphics/printing as needed.
8. Develop and maintain media relationships.
9. Act as marketing resource to volunteers and staff.
10. Integrate national NCJW branding criteria into all Minneapolis Section marketing efforts.
11. Perform any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
1. Degree and/or equivalent experience in marketing (especially for non-profits).
2. Excellent writing and communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills, including flexibility to handle multiple tasks.
4. Capacity to establish good working relationships with staff and volunteers.
5. Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, social media platforms.
6. Ability to work occasional evenings and Sundays.
1. Graphic design experience.
2. Proficiency with Publisher, InDesign, Adobe or other design software.
3. Ability and desire to work remotely.
4. Familiarity with Jewish culture and/or the Twin Cities Jewish community.
How To Apply:
Send resume and cover letter via email to [email protected]. No phone calls please.