Amir Farmer/Camp Counselor
Contract Seasonal (for the summer)
Amir Farmers are a diverse group of passionate young adult leaders who work to cultivate today’s youth to change tomorrow. Serving as garden-educators during the summer, they are at the center of the Amir program, building productive gardens and farms with campers, and running Amir’s curriculum of educational programming that uses the garden as a tool to teach about issues of justice and fairness.
We are seeking Amir Farmers that will be directly responsible for implementing the Amir program at one of our partner camps in the United States. Amir Farmers will be trained and build bonds with staff working across the US and Canada at the annual training seminar in late May. At this training, Farmers will learn all aspects of building a community garden, as well as how to use Amir’s Garden Manual & Curriculum to run programming for campers of all ages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Amir Farmer:
- Build gardens with participating campers
- Lead garden-based activities and educational programs for campers of all ages
- Daily garden maintenance and care
- Serve as a camp counselor, being an active member of the camp community
- Participate in weekly oversight meetings with Amir Mentors
- Participate in daily animal husbandry and care (if applicable to your camp)
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
No gardening experience is required, just a love for education and the willingness to get dirty and learn! Looking for people ages 17- 30.
- Camp salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Transportation, room & board included
- May 30th – June 3rd: Amir Training Seminar
- June to mid-August: Summer Camp
- Pennsylvania, California, New York, Minnesota, and Wisconsin!
How To Apply:
Link to online application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y87lYfNhN3BknkIKBldZ1nS-3swZu3vHIUGXQUtGBQs/viewform