Part-time (13-15 hours/week)
This position is remote with the exception of events and staff meetings.
Rimon: The Minnesota Jewish Arts Council seeks applicants for a part-time Communications Associate to assist the Executive Director with marketing and administrative duties both internally and at events. This is a small, but growing organization with a hands-on advisory board; interested candidates should be resourceful, collaborative, proficient in social media, and possess an interest in Jewish arts and culture.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update email database (MailChimp)
- Update postal database (MS Excel)
- Update website information (WordPress)
- Maintain photo library (JAlbum)
- Update Board documents as needed (MS Word)
- Artist Salons: Greet guests and take admission; assist with set-up and take-down of event marketing materials; post to social media leading up to, during, and after the event.
- P’Chotchka: Greet guests and take admission; assist with set-up and take-down of event marketing materials; post to social media leading up to, during, and after the event.
- Advisory Board Meetings: Document meeting and tally votes for Project Support grants.
- Board Retreat: Document meeting and participate in breakout group discussions.
- Manage and create content for organization’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Design, write and deploy monthly e-Guide
- Design, write and deploy ad hoc email campaigns
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills and/or experience in marketing/public relations
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, social media tools (ex: Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite) and WordPress
- Demonstrated experience in arts marketing and/or public relations
- Familiarity with MailChimp or similar
- Familiarity with JAlbum or similar
- Hands on experience with Photoshop or other image editing software
- Working knowledge of HTML for WordPress
Rimon, an initiative of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation, promotes and enhances Jewish identity through arts and culture, supports arts and artists who broadly explore Jewish themes, and assists the greater Jewish community in developing a collaborative involvement with the arts.
How To Apply:
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and list of references to [email protected].