Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest
Open until filled
The Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest is seeking a dynamic, independent and, flexible individual with a proven track record in Jewish community fundraising. The chosen candidate will work closely with the Executive Director on various aspects of fundraising and will be deeply committed to our mission of promoting the vitality and continuity of Jewish culture in the Upper Midwest through preservation, interpretation, and education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain proficiency in managing donor database system. (ELEO)
- Help identify and cultivate new donors and provide stewardship of current relationships
- Research and write grant proposals in collaboration with Executive Director
- Create and manage all donor correspondence, including all thank you letters and tax receipts in a timely manner.
- Write articles with pertinent and interesting fundraising information for two newsletters each year.
- Ensure accuracy of donor acknowledgments in all publications, written and online.
- Set measurable goals to be reviewed at regular intervals with the Executive Director.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree/credentials preferred.
- 7+ years of professional fundraising experience with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Emotionally intelligent, great communicator, and comfortable working with various demographic groups.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community of the Upper Midwest and desire to learn.
The Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest was founded in 1984. JHSUM encompasses North and South Dakota, Minnesota, parts of Wisconsin, and the UP of Michigan. For the foreseeable future, the Development Director will work remotely and all meetings and events are being held virtually due to Covid-19.
How To Apply:
Only electronic applications will be considered. Interested applicants must submit a letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position, along with their resume and a writing sample to [email protected]. The position will be open until filled.