Camp Olami and Youth Programming Director
Full-time; summers follow Camp Olami hours. During rest of the year 9-5 with some flexibility.
Open until Filled
Youth and Camping Director – Camp Olami at Minnesota JCC (Sabes Campus)
The Minnesota Jewish Community Center is seeking a full time, energetic, responsible, relationship-oriented professional to serve as our Director of Youth and Camping. This role is responsible for creating a safe, nurturing, enriching environment for the children programming throughout the year, and especially at Camp Olami, our summer day camp program. This position hires and supervises staff; refines, creates, and implements programs; and oversees all aspects of camp management including parent communication, ACA standards adherence, and budgets. Creativity, a collaborative spirit, and a desire to make a difference in the lives of youth and teens are a definite must! If you want to earn a competitive salary, enjoy great benefits and work in a great organization on a creative and effective team, please apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety, health and well-being of all participants and staff in department programs
- Oversee, develop and administer the following programs: Camp Olami (summer day camp), Snowlami, Youth Theatre, and Youth Basketballa
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and mentor staff
- Oversee annual budget by developing and meeting financial targets
- Operate Camp Olami in compliance with American Camping Association standards for accreditation
- Work closely with the JCC’s Inclusion Director to ensure that program meets our inclusivity goals
- Maintain ongoing, regular communication with families about Y&C programs and policies, needs of children, and concerns of families
- Continually evaluate and assess all programs to make recommendations regarding future programming
- Collaborate with Fund Development to identify fundraising opportunities for the youth and teen department
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, education, recreation, social work or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in related field and supervisory role
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Commitment to inclusion, equity, diversity, environmental stewardship, and social justice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Fun, positive attitude, with dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards
This position supervises:
- Camp Olami staff
- Youth Performance Director
- Snowlami staff
The JCC offers a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, H.S.A (Employer contribution) Flex Spending (Medical and Dep Care), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability.
- Paid time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Flexible Holidays.
- Family membership to the Minnesota JCC (Minneapolis and St. Paul) Health and Fitness clubs (group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, indoor and outdoor sport courts, indoor running track and well-appointed gyms).
- Retirement plan, includes company contribution and employer match.
- Discounted fees for childcare, summer camp, and selected programming
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].