Preschool Lead Teacher
Adath Jeshurun Congregation
Part-time; 8:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Additional afternoon hours are available
Open Until Filled
Gan Shelanu Preschool is seeking lead preschool and toddler teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. Gan Shelanu is Adath Jeshurun Congregation’s early childhood program for children aged six weeks through pre-kindergarten. The Gan provides a rich variety of learning experiences intended to stimulate the cognitive and social development of children within a Jewish context. We work to instill in our students’ pride in their heritage, the importance of community and love of giving back.
Gan Shelanu is looking for dependable, creative, nurturing, team-oriented individuals. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively, follow state and school guidelines, write and follow curriculum and most importantly enjoy working with preschool-aged children and their families.
Gan Shelanu’s school year runs from late August to late May. We also offer a pre-school summer camp from mid-June to mid-August. Some teachers elect to only work during the school year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
- Create creative and engaging lessons and facilitate opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration and problem-solving
- Establish strong classroom routines and adapt teaching to meet the learning styles of children
- Communicate with families through phone calls, daily reports and newsletters.
- Observe each child, track their progress and report to parents
- Collaborate with other educators
- Maintain a clean classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Provide basic needs for children including assisting with toileting and changing diapers
- Supervising nap rooms
- Attend workshops and continuing education opportunities and seek continual feedback and coaching to develop as a teacher
- Attend staff meetings and other programs as assigned
- Act as a steward of the school in the larger community
Experience and Qualifications
- Certified by state of Minnesota (for lead teachers)
- Able to sit and stand easily and be able to lift 20+ lbs
- Able to work 8:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., additional afternoon opportunities are available
- Provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19
- Must adhere to the center’s behavior guidance policies at all times
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].