St. Paul Jewish Federation
Open until filled
The St. Paul Jewish Federation (Federation) is the Jewish community’s central address for meeting Jewish needs — responding to crises, fighting poverty, strengthening Jewish identity, and promoting social justice. In the Federation, philanthropy, volunteerism, and shared commitment come together to make a difference. As part of a continent-wide system, we have the capacity to reach millions of Jews in need with a social-service network unparalleled in the world. We take pride in working collaboratively with other organizations and agencies, enabling them to perform their life-changing work. More information can be found online at https://jewishstpaul.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Federation seeks a full-time, Executive Assistant (EA) to join a committed team of colleagues dedicated to the mission of the organization. The EA will support its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in a small and fast-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves, do what it takes, supportive and nurturing environment. This position reports directly to the CEO and works in close coordination with all staff and departments. The EA will plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and goals, work and communicate with the board, staff and donors, manage and maintain the CEO’s emails, digital and physical files, and meeting schedules. They will assist with donor management software, draft, and proof correspondences and meeting agendas, and take minutes. The EA will assist the CEO in the management of day-to-day office administrative duties, serve as the liaison between the agency and its vendors and contractors, help develop standard operating procedures and policies, and oversee the onboarding new employees. The successful candidate will possess strong problem solving, communication, and technological skills, a positive, professional attitude and commitment to the work of the agency. Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and administrative skills are a must.
Experience and Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
- Efficient, organized, and resourceful, a self-starter who can work well with limited direction. Excellent organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to organize workload and prioritize and coordinate multiple projects to meet required deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail-oriented, with strong proofreading skills.
- Strong people skills with the ability to build professional relationships with a wide variety of people such as Board leadership, donors, external partners, and internal staff.
- Flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced changing environment. Adaptable to competing demands. Ability to think critically, offer solutions to problems, and remain calm during times of stress.
- Comfortable with office technology, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and demonstrated familiarity with donor management software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Experience providing high-level executive support
- Experience working within a small company setting
- Understanding and/or familiarity with non-profit organizations and non-profit governance
- Experience with working with donors and volunteers, including Board of Directors
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working with databases
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Commitment to the mission and core values of the Federation
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish culture is desired
This position offers a competitive salary ranging $45,000 – $55,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, ST and LT disability, Life insurance, and generous vacation, holiday and 403 (b) matching policies. Possibility to hybrid work.
How To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume by email to Diane Orth at [email protected]. Please indicate “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone inquiries.